Tuesday, January 3, 2012

End of holiday

Being an educator for my entire professional life, I am completely addicted to Christmas and New Year breaks. It is January 3rd and I am still enjoying being at home, being with family, and still staring at my "to do" list that I made for weeks before the break....."I'm going to do all this over the break!"  I am 18 hours away from having to go back to work and my list has only a few things marked off of it.....and that is because I had to go ahead and mark off all the things I did not get done by Christmas day. If it wasn't done by then, it was too late.....the advantage to timely deadlines.   How to spend my last hours of daylight?   Return a few things to Dillards?  Get some advice at the yarn store concerning my "stuck" place on my mother's gloves? Clean my office at work? Clean my bedroom and toss out some hideous clothes? Craft? Veg out in front of the tv?  I did go to the gym and sign up (again) for membership.  Shall I work out this afternoon?  NO!

1 comment:

  1. Two years later. I finished the gloves for my mother. She had one winter to wear them. Am I still addicted to Christmas Break Teacher Style? Yes. More than ever.

    ReplyDelete